Area Sales Manager – Care & Independence – South & Central Wales
Care & Independence provide a range of products that are designed to aid mobility, independence and improve daily life for the elderly and less able.
With extensive knowledge, expertise and over 30 years’ experience, we are proud to be a British manufacturing business and strive to provide the best advice and equipment to suit everyone’s needs and requirements. We manufacture across four locations in the UK and sell and service our products nationally through our knowledgeable and experienced sales and service teams.
Our product range includes hoists, stairlifts and slings to help in the moving & handling of patients in hospitals, nursing homes and home environments, as well as a full range of showering and bathing products.
We now have an opportunity for an Area Sales Manager to join our Southern Sales Team and geographically cover the territory of South and Central Wales, Gloucestershire, Hereford and Worcester.
We are looking for an individual with some prior stairlift experience and a broader understanding of the industry, although candidates with other relevant healthcare sales background or previous experience as an OT, will be considered.The Area Sales Manager would be reporting to the Regional Sales Manager – South. The territory areas may be reviewed subject to the location of the likely successful candidate.
In this role, the successful candidate will work on-patch with Occupational Therapists (OTs) to ensure the accurate specifying of equipment, materials and services to deliver comprehensive Mobility & Assisted Home Living solutions to vulnerable people across the designated region. They will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality solutions to the end user client and they will be representatives of the company, whose reputation and success depends upon 1st Class service and delivery.
- Achieve agreed on revenue targets for company’s products/services in sales territory by securing repeatable orders for ALL of the company’s products (Slings/Hoists/Stairlifts/Chairs-Bathing)
- Work to agreed sales processes including effective diary management and appointment making in order to undertake client/service user assessments with clinical staff
- Develop the sales territory through effective management of the customer and prospect base and across all product ranges
Duties / Skills
- Be the Product Specialist/Expert for C&I customers (HC Professionals / Procurement Managers / Equipment Loan store staff)
- Understand and implement a territory sales plan to achieve given objectives through good planning, organisation and product/market knowledge
- Identify potential new customers and develop existing and lapsed accounts – working with current and potential customers to promote products or services
- Coordinate territory sales campaigns by managing own appointments, undertaking assessments and training events, writing/preparing quotations
- Become expert at demonstrating/assessing products to customers and undertake professional levels of “service user assessments”
- Ability to explain technical product or service information to customers – become “part of the clinical team” and provide solutions to service user needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to be persuasive yet not forceful, consultative, influencing and a solution provider
- Flexible, an active listener and empathetic for the market and customers
- Positive, self-motivating disposition and an ability to use initiative
- Numerate, organised and with excellent time management skills
- Innovative thinker and practical (demonstrate and assess the capabilities of the product for the service user)
£28k + 1% commission on sales after T/H of £30k PCM is met
To apply for this role, please forward your CV and Cover Letter to HR@careandindependence.com
Closing Date: Wednesday, 28 March 2018