Director General – British Healthcare Trades Association – UK
The Board and Council of the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) seek an exceptional candidate to be their next Director General for the BHTA Group of businesses.
BHTA is the leading trade association for the healthcare and assistive technology industry, promoting its members’ role as key to a robust and effective healthcare environment.
At an important stage in the development of the association and its businesses, the new Director-General will lead the representation of its members’ interests to key stakeholders inside and outside the industry.
The Director-General will develop strategies for the development of the association and the strengthening of services to members. The role is based UK-wide with regular attendance at the London and Wellingborough based offices.
Key responsibilities of the Director-General are:
- Sound leadership and direction to the association and strategic and operational responsibility for its management, finances and administration
- Develop relationships with BHTA members to ensure that the association’s growth and delivery plans reflect their needs
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the BHTA Board and Council, ensuring full, open and regular communication
- Manage and lead the secretariat to continue to develop their skills, understanding of members’ needs and effective service delivery
- Protect and enhance the reputation of the association by positively promoting its image with multiple stakeholders, leveraging opportunities where possible to support the strategic aims
- Seek to influence national and local government policy and lobby on behalf of association members through the development and maintenance of effective relationships with all relevant stakeholders to achieve the BHTA’s strategic objectives
- To act as primary spokesperson for the organisation
The successful candidate will be:
An effective and credible leader with the skills to develop organisations through leadership, communication and engagement.
The successful candidate will demonstrate credibility, and authority to develop relationships at a high level and the leadership strengths to motivate and engage staff to harness and deliver opportunities for the association.
The ideal candidate will have proven strategic leadership skills gained in an organisation of comparable size and complexity along with the commercial experience and acumen to maximise the BHTA’s potential.
Salary and package:
Advised on application.
How to apply:
Candidates who feel they meet the criteria should email their CV to include current remuneration and covering email to:
Alastair Maxwell, BHTA Chairman at email@example.com
Please NO recruitment consultancies to apply on behalf of candidates or to solicit to advise on the appointment.
Closing date for applications:
3rd March 2018