Etac R82 launches new free Molift ceiling track patient hoist workshops for healthcare professionals
As part of Etac R82’s ongoing educational programme, it will be hosting a series of free workshops for professionals responsible for specification and installation of Molift ceiling track patient hoists.
Available across the UK from early 2019, the ‘Overhead Hoisting Problem Solving Workshops’ are focused on solving the challenges of hoist specification and procurement. Professional attendees will learn methods to resolve practical problems so the most effective and efficient solution is installed in care homes, hospitals, special schools and rehabilitation facilities.
Exact workshop dates, locations and venues are to be confirmed, but regions will include the Midlands, North West, Home Counties and London.
The workshops will focus on:
- How to assess for an overhead ceiling track hoist
- What information is critical for a successful survey
- Key positioning points for pick up and transfer
- Considering the needs of the carer
- What is best for the patient/service user
- Practical hoisting scenarios
- Assessing for the correct sling bar
- Mobile hoists vs straight track vs traverse systems
- How to choose and fit the right sling
- Hoisting bariatric clients
- Repositioning in bed using a hoist
Overhead Hoist Specialist Colin Williams will be leading the course, who has worked in the healthcare industry for almost 25 years, with a speciality in moving and handling people. A passionate supporter of effective hoisting, he has provided many solutions to Local Authorities for domestic and social care settings.
Colin also has vast experience of transfer requirements within special education, care homes and acute wards. He is an IOSH approved trainer in “assisting to move people.”
R82 UK Ltd is an Etac Group company supplying R82, Etac, Molift, Star Cushions, Immedia and Convaid branded products in the UK and Ireland. Its extensive range of assistive products for disabled children and adults includes wheelchairs, buggies, standing, walking, toileting and bathing aids as well as manual and mechanical transfer aids.