Medequip prepares to take action to support Dementia Action Week
Medequip, one of the longest serving providers of contracted out Community Equipment Services, is attending a number of activities to support the Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Action Week taking place on the 21st May – 27th May 2018.
According to The Alzheimer’s Society, one person develops dementia every three minutes in the UK, yet too many it says face the disease alone.
Previously known as Dementia Awareness Week, the initiative this year aims to get individuals, companies and organisations to take actions, big or small, to improve the lives of people affected by dementia.
Supporting the campaign, Medequip will be attending a number of events across the country to showcase its range of daily living aids that can help someone living with dementia.
With 150 Dementia Friends within the business, Medequip says it has taken steps to improve understanding of dementia and the effects it has on family members & sufferers amongst its staff. Additionally, it runs a rolling program of Dementia Friend’s training sessions which all staff are encouraged to attend.
According to the community equipment provider, it has raised £20,000 for the Alzheimer’s Society to date through various activities, including car boot sales, bake sales, sponsored walks and skydives.
The events Medequip will be attending are:
Monday 21st May
- Best Practice in Dementia Conference Council House Derby, Corporation Street, DE1 2FS (9.00.am – 4.30 pm)
Good Hope Hospital, Rectory Rd, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, B75 7RR (10am-3pm)
Tuesday 22nd May
- Lancashire Dementia Hub – Civic Centre, West Paddock, Leyland, PR25 1DH ( 1pm – 5pm)
London Road Community Hospital – London Rd, Derby DE1 2QY (9.30 – 3pm)
Wednesday 23rd May
- Derby City Dementia Support Service The Polish Club, Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GU ( 10am – 2pm)
Thursday 24th May
- Kirklees Dementia Hub/Age UK – Yorkshire Children’s Centre, Brian Jackson House, New North Parade, Huddersfield, HD1 5JP (1.00pm – 3.30pm)
- Older Adults Conference Aging Well Birmingham Birmingham City Football Club, St Andrew’s Stadium, Birmingham, B9 4RL ( 9am – 3pm
- Age Concern Birmingham 76-78 Boldmere Road, Sutton Coldfield B73 5TJ (From 2pm)
Friday 25th May
- Erewash Dementia Information event –Charnos Hall, Ilkeston Community Hospital ( 10am – 2pm)
To find out more about Medequip, visit the website HERE
To find out more about Dementia Action Week, visit the website HERE