Occupational Therapist – Blatchford – Hull
Blatchford is a world-leading rehabilitation provider with clinical expertise in prosthetics, orthotics, special seating and wheelchairs. We provide clinical services to the NHS, military and patients internationally.
We have an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our Wheelchair service in Hull.
Our Occupational Therapists are responsible for delivering an effective patient-led service within a fast-paced environment, including:
- Managing a caseload of patients including those with complex/specialist needs, using clinical reasoning and specialist skills to assess, plan and implement treatment regimens for patients, and to prescribe, plan and co-ordinate home assessments
- Using specialist knowledge/skills to provide advice to staff, the MDT and to service users to encourage patient participation in the management of conditions.
- Using specialist techniques to handle patients with physical and cognitive needs and appropriate techniques when treating patients who present with behaviours and/or mental health needs
- Playing an active role in developing and promoting the service, monitoring and evaluating systems to ensure service quality is maintained and developed.
- Supporting the delivery of KPIs and quality initiatives
You’ll be an excellent communicator, establishing and maintaining good relationships inside and outside Wheelchair Services to improve patient care and to further develop the service. You’ll be flexible and innovative in your approach, with good organisation, prioritisation and decision making skills. Your enthusiasm and positive approach will motivate, lead and inspire others.
Experience of working as an OT is essential, preferably from a relevant clinical area, and experience of mentoring junior staff would be beneficial. You’ll be degree qualified and HCPC registered.
We also welcome applications from Graduates looking for their first clinical role in a supportive clinical setting.
We offer competitive packages and excellent benefits.
If this sounds like the right role for you, please send your CV to Laura Mann, HR Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org.