Mobility Equipment Engineer – Mobile Mobility – Leicestershire
We are looking for an experienced stairlift & mobility equipment engineer, or a semi-skilled stairlift & mobility equipment engineer who is technically minded & has a keen desire to learn to join our close-knit, highly motivated & caring team. So, if you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, then look no further.
Your duties will include:
- Installation, service & repair of stairlifts
- Servicing & repair of products such as mobility scooters, powerchairs, riser/recliner chairs, wheelchairs, bathing & walking aids at our customers’ homes & at our workshop in Blaby (training will be given on all products where required)
- Making deliveries & collections in & around Leicestershire
- Carry out home demonstrations of scooters & powerchairs together with basic customer assessments
- Assisting in the showroom as required & when you have completed all your engineering duties. This includes advising & assisting customers with the purchase of mobility equipment & various other aids & answering the telephone
- Assembling equipment to replenish stock for the showroom or to be delivered to customers
- Maintaining a tidy workshop & parts store
Standard 39 hours per week
Monday to Friday: 9am to 4.30pm (30 minutes for lunch)
Saturday: 10am to 2pm
Must be available for out of hours call-out weekdays & weekends – rota dependant
Negotiable & structured, dependent upon experience.
Please state your current salary & benefits when applying.
MOBILE MOBILITY is a family owned & run business established in 2002 supplying stairlifts & a wide range of mobility equipment throughout Leicestershire. We have worked hard to create & uphold a reputation for excellent product knowledge & outstanding friendly service. We aim to give our customers an exceptional shopping experience & to ensure they get the right advice from our sales team to help them improve their quality of life & independence. Our dedicated aftersales services ensure that they are able to continue to enjoy it come what may.
We specialise in selling top quality scooters, stairlifts, powerchairs, wheelchairs, riser/recliner chairs, walking & bathing aids & all types of daily living aids. We are also Motability accredited.
Five GCSEs graded C or above would be preferred
English & maths skills are most important as extremely good spelling & grammar are essential, together with good arithmetic.
- Previous mechanical/electrical experience (preferably within the mobility industry or similar)
- Fault finding skills
- Polite, presentable & trustworthy with a calm, caring & patient attitude suited to dealing with our specialised customer base
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – being able to interact with customers from all demographics
- Excellent organisational skills including managing your time within the working day & the ability to multi-task
- Clear verbal & written communication skills & have an excellent telephone manner
- Computer literate
- Accurate cash handling
- Able to use their own initiative & be self-motivated
- Excellent time keeping
- Proven record of excellent customer service
- Moving & handling (the capability to assemble, lift & move a variety of equipment into customers’ vehicles, at customers’ homes & at our showroom)
- Hardworking, reliable team player with a flexible caring & sympathetic attitude.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel to customers’ homes.
- You will be working from the Blaby area of Leicestershire
- All tools & equipment necessary to carry out your duties are provided together with a vehicle to travel from our workshop to customers’ homes. The van must be returned to our workshop at Blaby at the end of each day
IT Skills Required
Basic IT knowledge is essential & further training can be given to use diagnostic & programming software for scooters & powerchairs
Please provide a full & detailed CV (including current salary & benefits) with a covering letter to Nicola Hall at email@example.com