Mobility Showroom Assistant – Mobile Mobility – Leicestershire
We are looking for a mobility showroom assistant who is looking for a rewarding career & has a keen desire to learn to join our close-knit, highly motivated & caring team. So, if you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, then look no further.
Your duties will include:
- Promoting & selling products to new & existing customers
- Assisting customers with product selection, advising on product features and assessing user requirements
- Demonstrate the use & dismantling of products safely and competently
- Processing customers purchases, returns and exchanges using EPOS technology & cash handling
- Maintaining the appearance of the showroom including stock display, stock levels and ensuring all stock is barcoded, correctly priced and up to date with recent price changes
- Reloading promotional materials
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop, storeroom and staff areas at all times
- Calculating opening and closing floats for the till, reconciling any differences
- Banking of cash and cheques
- Carrying out occasional stock checks
- Assisting with customer enquiries on the telephone
- Assisting with merchandising by unpacking stock items received, labelling of stock and shelf replenishing
- Passing on warranty claims and servicing requests to company engineer
- Assisting in areas of security & deliveries
- Driving of a company van to customers home for product demonstrations &/or deliveries
Standard 39 hours per week
Monday to Friday: 9am to 4.30pm (30 minutes for lunch)
Saturday: 10am to 2pm
Negotiable & structured, dependent upon experience.
Please state your current salary & benefits when applying.
MOBILE MOBILITY is a family-owned & run business established in 2002 supplying stairlifts & a wide range of mobility equipment throughout Leicestershire. We have worked hard to create & uphold a reputation for excellent product knowledge & outstanding friendly service. We aim to give our customers an exceptional shopping experience & to ensure they get the right advice from our sales team to help them improve their quality of life & independence. Our dedicated aftersales services ensure that they are able to continue to enjoy it come what may.
We specialise in selling top quality scooters, stairlifts, powerchairs, wheelchairs, riser/recliner chairs, walking & bathing aids & all types of daily living aids. We are also Motability accredited.
Five GCSEs graded C or above would be preferred
English & maths skills are most important as extremely good spelling & grammar are essential, together with good arithmetic.
- Previous retail/sales experience (preferably within the mobility industry or similar)
- Polite, presentable & trustworthy with a calm, caring & patient attitude suited to dealing with our specialised customer base
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – being able to interact with customers from all demographics
- Excellent organisational skills including managing your time within the working day & the ability to multi-task
- Clear verbal & written communication skills & have an excellent telephone manner
- Computer literate
- Accurate cash handling
- Able to use their own initiative & be self-motivated
- Excellent timekeeping
- Proven record of excellent customer service
- Moving & handling (the capability to assemble, lift & move a variety of equipment into customers’ vehicles, at customers’ homes & at our showroom)
- Hardworking, reliable team player with a flexible caring & sympathetic attitude.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel to customers’ homes for demonstration & delivery purposes.
IT Skills Required
Basic IT knowledge is essential & further training can be given to use EPOS system
Please provide a full & detailed CV (including current salary & benefits) with a covering letter to Nicola Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org