Sales Surveyor – Stannah – West Yorkshire & North East England
Role: Sales Surveyor of thru-floor lifts, step lifts and ceiling track hoisting systems
Location: West Yorkshire & North East England
Market: UK Domestic Market
Responsible for the satisfactory installation of domestic lifting products, including thru-floor lifts, step lifts and ceiling track hoisting systems from enquiry stage through to post installation inspection.
UK Homelifts Manager
To provide safe and cost-effective solutions to end-users and professional bodies. To continually support the Company’s reputation of being THE most reputable stairlift/service provider.
Key job requirements
- To be prepared to respond at short notice to our customer requests for appointments and to work in conjunction with the telecentre to maintain efficient and friendly customer service.
- Ensure compliance to customer key performance indicators throughout the procurement and installation process.
- To fully understand the sales process appropriate to the market and to develop optimum sales ability through active participation in regular meetings and training sessions.
- To gain a thorough understanding of the products sold by the company and to develop an understanding of competitor products and pricing policies in order to sell Stannah products when in a competitive situation.
- To be aware of competitor activities including products, marketing and organisational structure and to communicate this activity to the Sales Manager.
- To keep up-to-date with competitor products and sales processes and understand how to counteract any new developments.
- To develop the ability to assess the needs of the client through good questioning techniques and to use the assessment to safely specify products suited to the client’s needs.
- To survey for the appropriate product without error, giving the best possible advice. Complete a comprehensive specification including a detailed CAD drawing.
- To maintain at all times the highest standards of professionalism honesty, integrity and safety in keeping with the companies position as market leader.
- To maintain comprehensive customer details of all Local Authorities including all relevant details of contracts, business levels etc. Ensuring that records are properly maintained and the central customer database is continually updated.
- To use and develop IT skills required to facilitate the interaction of field-based computer systems and mobile communications.
- To ensure that all regular reports, e.g. activity reports are completed accurately and are forwarded to the sales office in a timely manner. Any other requests for information that may arise must be actioned accurately and within agreed timescales.
- To identify and understand the organisational structures and procedures of all LA’s within your designated area and develop good professional relationships with all personnel involved in the decision-making process.
- To keep your vehicle in a presentable condition at all times and maintained to the standard set out in the company rule book.
Communication and teamwork
- To develop good and effective working relationships within the company.
- To work with the management team towards increased sales of Stannah products and services.
- To provide cover for vacant territories and be prepared, if necessary, to stay away from home overnight.
- To become involved in occasional project work as requested by or agreed with the Homelifts Manager.
- To participate in meetings on a regional basis as requested and to assist with development and training issues as appropriate.
- To constructively support the Sales Manager in the implementation of procedures and work methods and to bring to the attention of the manager, any issues which may affect the company’s performance, morale or reputation.
- Be fully aware of and comply with the company’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To be fully aware of Health and Safety requirements and to implement Health and Safety Processes when carrying out company business.