Technical Specialist (Service Engineer) – Leckey – South East
Position: Technical Specialist
Location: South East
Type: Full-time, permanent position (Job Ref: TS0721)
We wish to invite applications from experienced Technical or Therapy Assistant professionals to work within our Technical Specialist team. This is an exciting career development opportunity for the right candidate who can demonstrate they share our values and have the necessary skills, knowledge, experience, commitment, and attitude to join our team.
As a dedicated Leckey Technical Specialist, you will report to the Regional Sales Manager and be responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction through the technical support of our products in a designated territory.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing an exceptional level of in-field aftersales care and support
- Identifying and developing new professional relationships and enhancing existing ones
- Training stores staff on key product repairs/ basic configurations of all Leckey products
- Conducting regular Leckey product audits to monitor quality/ condition of products being re-distributed into the community.
- Identify each key centre/ equipment store’s needs, feedback to relevant Product Specialist or Regional Sales Manager to contribute to business development of the account.
- To be a technical expert for Leckey products, and competent in their service, repair, and refurbishment
- Maintaining and updating daily records within the servicing and repair database
- Maintaining daily open and professional communications with Head Office
- Formally recording newly encountered in-field technical issues
- Providing advice, guidance, and training to customers on the technical aspects of Leckey products which may extend to the adjustment and set-up of products
- Issuing accurate quotations for spare parts and services
- Servicing and repairing Leckey products in the field, signing off to the required quality standard.
- This role requires occasional nationwide travel and infrequent international travel with the potential for overnight stays
It is essential the successful candidate can demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 12 months experience working as a Technical Instructor/Therapy Assistant
- Ability to move and handle loads and equipment safely
- Good written, verbal and IT communication skills, including Outlook
- Experience of face to face customer/client contact
- Ability to use own initiative within set boundaries of the role
- An awareness and understanding of people with disabilities
- General workshop knowledge & general mechanical knowledge
- A flexible approach to working conditions and changing working environment
- Full UK driving licence
If you believe you can make a difference and you are ready to join the team please email your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 2.00 pm on Wednesday 18th August.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.