OT Shaun Masters to present ‘Getting legs into bed’ CPD seminars at upcoming OT Show
At the OT Show, Shaun Masters, Occupational Therapist and Trusted Assessor, will be presenting unmissable 15-minute CPD-accredited seminars on the Theraposture stand focused on proven solutions for safer independent bed transfers.
Shaun has extensive experience within community-based enablement in the public sector. He will be sharing his experience and knowledge at the event so OTs can gain invaluable advice and insight into proven assistive beds and cots for adults and paediatrics.
Shaun’s seminars at the exhibition will include highlights from Theraposture’s new workshop training programme which is available across the UK:
‘Getting legs into bed’
Enabling independent transfers for those unable to safely get into or out of bed.
‘Express’ seminars presented by Shaun Masters, OT. Theraposture stand, J40.
27 and 28 November, 10:00-10:15, 11:00-11:15, 12:00-12:15, 14:00-14:15, 15:00-15:15.
These presentations will highlight key considerations regarding a safe transfer into, out of and away from a bed. From a clinical point of view, Shaun will demonstrate why a Leg Lifter, variable height/profiling bed and Rotoflex turning bed system can be appropriate for improved occupational performance in a variety of client scenarios.
He will focus on achieving client enablement and independence along with reduced carer intervention and cost. The seminars will feature the new Rotoflex 235 Plus Mk2 rotational bed – its predecessor won the OT Show ‘Excellence in Caring’ Award at last year’s event.
Learning objectives/benefits of attendance:
- Interactive demonstrations of Leg Lifter, double combination bed with variable height/profiling and Rotoflex turning bed
- See and try three proven solutions to the problem of getting in and out of bed
- Understand potential care cost savings and reduced carer intervention
- Understand why certain products are relevant to particular conditions
- Appreciate the wellbeing benefits for couples of double combination beds with a Rotoflex
- Discover why Theraposture manufactures bed frames and mechanisms in metal rather than wood
- Understand key legislation for appropriate adjustable bed recommendation
- Gather case studies for evidence of successful outcomes
- Add to healthcare professionals’ required CPD hours
In addition to express seminars, Shaun and fellow Trusted Assessors will be available to provide information regarding Theraposture’s new Lunch & Learn educational workshops. These free-to-attend group sessions can be organised across the UK or at Theraposture’s headquarters in Wiltshire. They count to CPD hours and provide expert recommendations regarding assistive beds, moving and handling, and appropriate solutions for specific conditions.
Shaun commented: “I would like to welcome all fellow peers to my express seminars on the Theraposture stand at The OT Show. These sessions will provide an invaluable opportunity to explain the latest and effective, assisted sleeping solutions that meet the challenges of statutory and private budgets. We will also be able to discuss and share frontline experience and ideas with a view to enhancing client care and independence.”
The OT Show takes place on the 27th and 28th of November 2019 at the NEC in Birmingham.