Prestigious annual care awards open for 2020 recognising excellence in care and support services
The very best social care employers will have the chance to shine as entries are now open for the annual Skills for Care Accolades, celebrating outstanding care and support services.
Every one of England’s 21,300 social care providers are eligible to enter the Skills for Care’s Accolades 2020 online so they can showcase what makes their hard-working teams the best in supporting the people they work with to live the lives they want.
The Accolades were created by Skills for Care to recognise excellence and innovation offered by social care providers in communities where 1.47 million workers offer care and support to millions of people across England.
All the previous finalists remarked that making the final really boosts staff morale as their teams feel valued for the dedication and hard work they put in day-to-day.
Skills for Care Interim CEO Andy Tilden said: “All our finalists say it is an opportunity on a national stage to show off how high-quality care and support provision changes people’s lives, and it is a joyous night where we celebrate brilliant organisations who invest in their team’s learning and development.
“Social care needs to be much better at shouting from the rooftops about how good local services are, so this is a rare chance to shine on a national stage, and have a much deserved turn in the spotlight. I’ve been privileged to attend the Accolades to see for myself how it much it means for all the finalists to have national recognition for their teams.”
The 2019 awards categories are:
- Best employer of between 51 and 249 staff
- Best employer of over 250 staff
- Best individual who employs their own care and support staff
- Best employer support for your registered manager(s)
- Most effective approach to leadership and management
- Secrets of Success – Best retention and recruitment approaches
- Most innovative endorsed learning provider
- Most effective collaborative approach to integrated new models of care
- Most effective approach to continuing professional development for the regulated workforce in social care settings
The Accolades are now open to organisations of all sizes and individual employers on the website
The closing date for entries is the21st of June 2019 and the winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in London on the 22nd January 2020.