Product Specialist x2 – Schuchmann – Northern Area & Mid South Area
It is a matter close to our hearts to support children with individual requirements as optimally as possible – using products which are just as individual as you are.
Schuchmann is a second generation family owned business based in Hasbergen (Germany). For over 35 years the owners and their 120 strong team have committed themselves to developing excellent products that improve the quality of life for children with special needs. Research, development and production are all under one roof allowing Schuchmann to respond quickly and effectively to market demands and special service requests. Schuchmann is a financially strong business that continues to invest in new markets.
In January 2017 Schuchmann UK commenced trading as a sales and distribution business with the warehouse and offices based in Peterborough. We currently have a small but established team and the first 2 years have been very successful in establishing the Schuchmann brand within the UK marketplace.
We are interested to hear from people who have the skills and experience to join our team to help the business with continued future growth. In return we offer the fantastic opportunity to work as part of a motivated team, with the flexibility and independence to manage their given area autonomously.
Experience in the market of paediatric seating, standing and walking equipment is essential. The candidate will need to demonstrate a proven track record of the ability to identify, manage and develop new business opportunities, develop and strengthen existing business relationships and work strategically to maximise opportunities for growth within the given sales area and the wider company.
- Recognising new opportunities to develop the business within; local authorities, social service loan stores, Child Development Centres, Special Schools and Private Nursing Home groups.
- Attending events to highlight the Schuchmann product range across the above market segments.
- Identifying new product opportunities within key strategic areas.
- Ability to plan and organise customer demonstrations and training sessions.
- Work with the customer service team to effectively resolve problems andto provide solutions for the business
and customers with flexibility.
- Maintainining accurate records of business contacts and communications providing management with reporting as required.
- Contribute to product improvement and development through feedback to the product manager.
- Attend and fully participate in company meetings and events.
- Ensure full compliance at all times with company policies and procedures, especially in data protection and safe guarding.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety / Environmental and Welfare requirements.
- Perform the role in accordance with all relevant quality standards and adhere to all relevant processes and regulations.
- Good business acumen, excellent communication and people skills and ‚people skills‘.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Positive, self-motivating disposition and thean ability to use own initiative.
- Innovative thinker who can turn customer requirements into workable solutions.
- Relevant experience in sales; resolving issues andof carrying out complex product assessments.
- Good computing skills, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- Full driving licence.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS check.
Other benefits include:
Company vehicle with optional personal use, contributory pension scheme, laptop, mobile phone and tablet.
If you are interested in joining the Schuchmann Team please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions or need any further information please contact Victoria Bignell at email@example.com or on 01733 561885