Sales Development Executive – Astor-Bannerman – London
Astor-Bannerman produces specialist bathing and hoisting equipment for people with profound disabilities. We are dedicated to extending and enabling choice for disabled people and their carers. We are proud of our commitment to quality, and our sales team is keen to promote our products and services to Occupational Therapists, Local Authorities and key decision makers in the private residential sector.
We are seeking a Sales Development Executive to grow our existing business in London. The role involves:
- Providing product advice to Occupational Therapists (OTs), PCT managers and Social Services departments on Astor-Bannerman equipment
- Accompanying OTs on visits to families, to present and assess for products such as specialist baths and changing tables
- Organising and running training meetings with groups of OTs and other professionals
- Controlling your own diary, making your own daily and weekly appointments
- Finding new customers for Astor-Bannerman’s products within your area by contacting Social Service departments, hospitals and other potential customers
- Developing new sales, within children’s and adults social services
- Using strong communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate with and to cold call potential clients with confidence
- Having the flexibility and ability to be able to advise on a wide range of equipment covering a variety of physical needs
Though this is a sales role you do not necessarily need to have sales experience. We have successfully recruited policemen, teachers and healthcare workers and this position may suit someone looking for a change of career, however you must:
- Be able to work at a highly professional level
- Care about your clients and want to make a difference
- Like working with people from all walks of life
- Love the pressure of a sales role and be willing to go the extra mile without being asked
- Give 100% day in, day out
You will also need:
- The desire to succeed
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills
- Proven presentation skills
- Good computer knowledge (Microsoft Office and associated programs)
- A full driving licence
- Excellent organisational skills
- A positive and happy outlook on life with a good sense of humour
- A degree in a mechanical, sports science, or life science subject is preferable but not as important as the right outlook and the ability to fit in with our existing team.
Full training will be given. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting job opportunity where you are able to make a difference to a client’s life and you are prepared to go the extra mile for both your client and Astor-Bannerman, then this job could be the one you for you. This is not an office based job but is a fully hands on, road based career with considerable personal independence.
Ideal Candidate must live within the M25 London Area.
Please e-mail or post your full CV to;
Helen Laird, HR Manager, Astor-Bannerman (Medical) Ltd Unit 11F, Coln Park, Andoversford, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 4HJ
Tel: 01242 822942
Competitive package with uncapped bonus Closing date for applications: 18th March 2016
Strictly no agencies