Area Sales Manager – Care & Independence – Anglia, North & East London
Job title: Area Sales Manager (ASM)
Scope: Anglia, North & East London.
Reports to: National Assessment Sales Manager
Revenue Target: TBD. Monthly Assessment & Orders target
People Management: No
Budget responsibility: No
To work across several geographic areas within the ASM team alongside clinical leads – Occupational Therapists (OTs), Manual Handling Advisors, Physiotherapists and other customer contacts to ensure the accurate specifying of equipment and generate leads and opportunities, securing orders for products into both existing customers/ accounts and also new customers.
Product range: Slings & Bathing – glove slings and premium bathing products.
Channels: Local Authorities and predominantly those who access the social care budget for funding. Community Equipment Stores, care homes, housing associations and charities.
- Deliver a first-class service to customers, supporting them and the development of C&I’s regional service levels, ensuring their needs are met in a professional manner;
- Carry out complex hands-on assessments, problem-solving and recommending the correct relevant products;
- Develop, maintain and expand strong & long-lasting relationships with OTs in area based on trust & honesty;
- Diary management, planning of daily assessments, demonstrations and training events;
- Quote and specification submission to customers and C&I administration, ensuring a proactive approach;
- Manage the relationship between Care & Independence (C&I), OTs and End Users as the first point of contact;
- Contribute to the development C&I products through feedback;
- Demonstrate the USP’s of working with Care & Independence;
- Design solutions bespoke to the End User and measure/ demonstrate as appropriate;
- Profitably grow the revenue levels of the area by delivering on the above and being the “go-to” person for the OTs that you work with;
- Ensure consistency in the achievement of targets and goals set for your area;
- Work as part of a team to support development and implementation of new products and solutions to support the company’s expansion and other initiatives;
- Identify opportunities for contracts for supply of equipment;
- Assist with market research to remain topical within the industry;
- Plan, organise and carry out customer training sessions;
- Ensure full compliance at all times with company policies and procedures, especially in data protection and safe guarding;
- Be aware of and meet all UK legal and regulatory requirements and relevant company policies, including those for Quality, Health and Safety, Anti-Bribery, and Competitive Compliance;
- Work collaboratively with all other C&I teams and individuals, especially Business Development and Marketing colleagues to maximise ALL revenue, margin and reputation opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Action orientated;
- Customer focused;
- Builds relationships with customers, peers and team;
- Analytical and able to understand cause & effect;
- Prepares and executes improvement / growth plans;
- Manages change successfully;
- Entrepreneurial drive to generate new, profitable business opportunities;
- Results focused;
- Excellent demonstration / presentation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
Due to the nature of the activity, there may be an occasional requirement to undertake work outside of normal hours. The job entails occasional travel and stays away from home, normally within the defined geographical region.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time. The company may expect you to undertake other tasks from time to time as required.
Interested parties should send their CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to James Bennett