Business Development Manager – Acute – Drive DeVilbiss – North West England
Role: Business Development Manager – Acute
Location: North West England
Reports to: National Business Manager – Acute
Who is Drive DeVilbiss
Drive DeVilbiss has become a leading manufacturer and supplier of medical products with a strong and consistent track record of growth achieved both organically and through acquisitions. We are proud of our high-quality, diverse product portfolio, channel footprint and global operating scale. Our products are sold into the homecare, long-term care, retail, and e-commerce channels in more than 80 countries around the world.
“Leading the World with Innovative Healthcare Solutions that Enhance Lives”
Summary (Major Purpose of the Role):
To develop sales of the full portfolio of Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare products directly into the NHS Acute/Community/Mental Health Trusts, Hospices and Private Hospitals within the territory and achieve both revenue and profit targets. To operate effectively at customer business manager level to understand and influence the ordering process. To negotiate with professional purchasing departments and contribute to the completion and delivery of tender business. Focus on the sale of products, rental options and service contracts.
- To achieve on target sales of Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare products across the territory to all relevant sector channels.
- To promote the Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare products effectively to the target customers in order to raise product/service and company awareness.
- To build and maintain a detailed record of the customer base including their existing supplier base, future opportunities, key contacts and influencers. Provide customers with quotations and product information as required.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor product, the key features and benefits and define sales arguments to position Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare products against these.
- Assist in the development and implementation of sales strategies on the defined sales area to increase sales.
- Maintain an awareness of competitor activity and report activities which may impact on our sales or channels to market.
- Build relationships with senior customers and influencers across the defined sales area.
- Deliver product knowledge training to customers as an influencing tool and implement formal training to assist in closing sales. Undertake other activities such as:
Lunch time presentations
It will be necessary from time to time to undertake these functions at unsociable hours to meet the shift patterns of the customer.
- Work closely with marketing to develop and implement local marketing tools and strategies to assist in growing sales and market share and developing brand awareness and the positioning of Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare.
- Work closely with contract management to ensure the identification, management and completion of all associated tenders linked to the purchase of Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare Products on the allocated area
- Prepare and present a monthly sales report for the area which will include progress against target, key successes, losses, and a forward sales forecast.
- Assist in the development and presentation of a detailed annual business plan for the defined sales area.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in market and customer needs and market trends and report these to management.
- Maintain continual and updated knowledge of competitor products and disseminate this knowledge to managers within Sales and Marketing. Build and maintain key contacts across the territory to support this knowledge.
- Work to the Sales standards as set by Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- Ensure the CRM database is systematically cleansed, updated, maintained and constantly represents a current snapshot of all customers, influencers and key opinion leaders on the territory. All customer visit information to be input on the CRM system the same day.
- Sales Skills, Planning and organisation
- Clinical ability and knowledge
- Account management
- Results Orientation
- Influence & Persuasion
- Commercial & Business Acumen
- IT competency
Reporting Relationships and Supervision:
National Business Manager – Acute > Business Development Manager – Acute
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience working with, specifying and being involved in the sales of clinical beds and pressure care products would be advantageous
- Previous experience of selling into Healthcare Market
- Previous knowledge of account management principles and practice
- Ability to work autonomously, set and agree agendas and deliver agendas is essential
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team is essential
- Strong Business and Commercial Acumen
Why Apply to Drive DeVilbiss
Competitive Benefits including – company sick pay, 26 days annual leave rising to 28 (+ Book Your Birthday Off Work), pension, BUPA Cash Plan Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Bike2Work, free onsite parking, hybrid working and long service recognition.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Drive DeVilbiss is an equal opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We ensure that to ensure that no candidate receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race or colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Drive DeVilbiss complies with applicable legislation governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Selection criteria and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.