Chief Executive Officer – British Healthcare Trades Association – London
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Location: London (with home working opportunities and travel required across UK)
Salary: Circa £75,000 plus executive benefits
If you are an effective and ambitious leader keen to head up one of the healthcare and assistive technology industry’s leading trade associations during this important period in the world of healthcare provision, then the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) wants to hear from you.
The Board and Council of the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) are seeking an exceptional candidate to fulfil the role of Chief Executive Officer for the BHTA Group of Companies.
Founded in 1917 and consisting of over 400 member companies, the BHTA brings the healthcare and assistive technology industry together to help shape and improve the health and care of the nation. It operates as the sector’s consumer protection body, with all members required to abide by its CTSI-endorsed Code of Practice. The association also supports the needs of its members through its membership services, alongside advocating on behalf of its members at the highest levels of government and standards-setting bodies.
The association also has a commercial media and publishing arm, BHTA Engage, which aims to engage and inform key audiences in the industry through its two flagship titles: THIIS Magazine and AT Today.
As Chief Executive Officer, this exciting opportunity will require you to develop strategies to drive the growth of the BHTA and media subsidiary, alongside strengthening its services to members.
This role is based in the UK, with attendance at the London office base and a variety of locations across the UK, visiting and supporting members and engaging with key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include
- Sound leadership and direction of the association and strategic and operational responsibility for its management, finances and administration
- Develop strong relationships with its members to ensure that the association’s growth and delivery plans reflect its needs
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the BHTA Board and Council, ensuring full and open regular communication
- Overseeing the association’s wholly-owned, stand-alone media and publishing business, BHTA Engage, which extensively covers the industry, the association and its members to key stakeholders and healthcare professionals
- Manage and lead the senior management team and team members, to continue to develop their skills, understanding of members’ needs and effective delivery of support and information services
- Positively promote the association’s skills and knowledge base with the multiple stakeholders in the public and private sectors, leveraging opportunities where possible to support the strategic aims of the association
- Seek to influence national and local government policy and advocate on behalf of BHTA members through the development and maintenance of working relationships with all relevant stakeholder bodies to achieve the association’s strategic aims
- To act as the primary spokesperson for the association.
The successful candidate will be
- An effective and credible leader
- Possess a skill set to develop the organisation through their leadership, communication and engagement knowledge
- Demonstrate credibility and authority in developing relationships at a high level
- Possess leadership strengths to motivate and engage staff members to maximise their personal development and skill set
- Have proven strategic leadership skills gained in an organisation of comparable size and complexity
- Commercial experience and acumen to maximise the BHTA’s revenue-generating potential
Salary and package
Circa £75,000 plus executive benefits.
How to apply
Candidates who feel that they meet the criteria should email their CV, along with a covering letter, to Andrew Stevenson, Chairman of the BHTA, at Andrew.Stevenson@bhta.com
Closing date for applications: 31st December 2021