Operations Manager (Field Team) – Motability Foundation – Remote/Essex
Role: Operations Manager (Field Team)
Location: Remote based but UK travel and a presence at the office in Harlow, Essex is required
Salary: Up to £60k
About the role
To ensure the effective day-to-day management of workloads and achievement of performance and service targets by our Field Team and acting as the operational partner for our complex grant programmes.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage, develop and motivate both the field and administration teams to deliver their best and deliver a high quality of service to our beneficiaries.
- Ensure appropriate and effective resourcing levels to deliver activities within agreed service levels – recruiting and training new team members where required.
- As a member of the operations management team support in the management of other operational teams and undertake operational projects that support the department.
- Actively ensure a consistent approach to absence management in line with the charity’s procedures.
- Being a role model of Motability’s values and behaviours – championing a culture where all individuals are treated with respect and fairness.
- Deliver a consistent approach to performance management to ensure the delivery of high quality service.
- Support the development needs of the field team ensuring that they have up-to-date knowledge of technical developments, assessment techniques, standards/legislation relating to vehicles, driving instruction and mobility products.
- Support the field team by undertaking regular shadowing visits.
- Ensure adherence to all field team specific health and safety requirements and best practice, including undertaking robust risk assessments for key activity.
- Work with the operational business support team to ensure accurate reporting is in place for all field team activity and the monitoring of performance.
- Ensure that all beneficiaries receive the highest quality service throughout the assessment process through the delivery of the highest standards of professionalism, care and the provision of relevant information regarding all aspects of any financial and technical support available to them.
- Support in the resolution of escalated cases and complaints.
- Support in the customer assessment process when required.
- Consider ways in which we can continuously improve the service we provide to our beneficiaries.
- Oversee the delivery of training to external stakeholders and suppliers so that they have the knowledge and expertise to support our beneficiaries.
- Review and authorise high value solutions and assessment reports .
- Working with the Grant Programme Manager and colleagues across the business to consider cases that are outside of agreed policies.
Operational Partner – Complex Grant Programmes
- Work with the Grants Programme Team to identify operational implications of any changes to our complex grant programmes.
- Support colleagues, key stakeholders and suppliers in operational aspects of our complex grant programmes and the activities of the field team.
- Support in the preparation and management of the field team administration budget.
- Ensure the required operational systems, processes and procedures are in place to ensure the successful operation of our complex grant programmes.
- Work closely with colleagues on projects and pilots that assess new ways of working.
What will make you great in this role?
To be great in this role you will have a passion for customers with the ability to always put them first. An experience of dealing with people with disabilities would be ideal with a sound technical knowledge of adapted vehicles. You will have great stakeholder manager skills with the ability to communicate to people at all levels whilst being an excellent people manager.
- Previous people management experience in either an operational / customer service organisation / field team environment.
- Must have a full clean UK driving license.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and influence decisions.
- Beneficiary focused business astute and people orientated.
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation to do the job well and to continuously improve operational processes.
- Confidence to deal positively with the challenges that are presented and seek solutions.
- A can do attitude and the ability to think on their feet.
Nice to haves:
- Advanced Driving Instructor (ADI).
- Experience WAV’s, adaptations or driving assessments.
- Experience as a driving instructor/assessor or in assessing mobility needs.
- Experience of working with vehicle conversion specialists.
- Experience or lived experience of disability and how this can affect mobility.
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems.
Reporting lines and relationships
Reports to: Head of Operations
Key relationships: Charitable Operations Management team; Grants Programme Team; Scheme Partners including adaptation companies, conversion companies, vehicle suppliers and dealer; Beneficiaries and/or their representatives; Motability Staff; Motability Operations.
Direct reports: Mobility Driving Assessors (x9) and Operational Support Coordinators (x3).
- Responsible for managing a team of assessors based throughout the UK and three office-based support staff.
- The role is based at Motability’s offices in Harlow, Essex. However, the role will require travel throughout the UK.
- Motability offer both blended and flexible working arrangements which can be discussed as part of the application process. There will be a requirement to visit our office in Harlow, Essex but also national travel across the UK.
- The job holder will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Applicants will need to submit their CV’s via the website.