Seating Specialist – Chunc – North West England
Role: Seating Specialist
Location: North West England
Salary: £38,000 to £43,000
Chunc Ltd design, manufacture and fit a range of manual attendant controlled, postural management paediatric wheelchairs which offer indoor and outdoor mobility for children and young adults with moderate to specialist needs. We are currently looking for a Seating Specialist to be based in the North West of England who can work collaboratively with the Management, Production and Administration team based in Hereford. The successful applicant will work with disabled young people, healthcare professionals and carers to gain insight into exactly what service users need from a wheelchair for their posture and mobility solutions. This involves the applicant attending hospitals, care homes schools and private residences to assess and review the client needs. This also involves working with occupational therapists and carers to find a bespoke paediatric wheelchair to suit the vulnerable client’s needs.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Provision of high-quality services covering assessment, prescription and provision of wheelchairs, pressure cushioning and associated accessories to clients of all ages with a wide variety of conditions.
- Work closely with a variety of health care professionals and staff from other agencies/organisations.
- To develop and increase sales with new and existing customers in your area.
- To liaise with the Design Team to provide feedback from existing and potential customers about product information.
- To establish the Chunc brand as the first choice in your area.
- To build relationships with key influencers in children’s clinics and Wheelchair services in the area.
- To input into design development with regular and timely feedback from clients and healthcare professionals.
- To demonstrate and present the Chunc brand to healthcare professional groups in the area.
- To attend Trade Shows and Exhibitions.
- To ensure work diaries are maintained accurately for daily activity.
- Attend meetings in Hereford as and when required.
- To follow up with clients after sales and attend to issues they may have.
- To produce quarterly sales reports.
- To maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- A satisfactory standard DBS check and if appropriate, a check of the Barred List maintained by DBS is required.
- Ability to self-motivate, innovate and problem-solve to help clients achieve their mobility goals and facilitate independence.
- Flexible approach as the post holder may be required to travel to locations other than your normal place of work.
- Ability to work to time constraints and tight deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proven organisational ability and good customer service skills.
- Solid computer literacy skills with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- A significant amount of driving is required in this role in order to carry out wheelchair repairs and assessments at locations across the UK so a full clean driving licence is essential.
Full-time position. Salary range £38,000 to £43,000 commensurate with experience. Hours based on a 40-hour week, Monday through Friday from 8.00 am till 4.30 pm. Whilst based in the North West of England the post holder will occasionally be required to work past normal working hours.