New “revolutionary” powerful hearing aids launch for children and adults with severe hearing loss
Leading hearing aid provider Oticon has unveiled two new hearing aids designed for severe-to-profound hearing loss which provide power hearing aid users with the Oticon open sound experience for the first time ever.
Oticon’s latest hearing aid launches are the Oticon Xceed power hearing aid for adults and the new Oticon Xceed Play paediatric hearing aid.
According to Oticon, the new Xceed power hearing aid is the world’s most powerful hearing aid, delivering the highest gain and output in the industry: 146 dB SPL MPO and 87 dB full-on gain.
Found in an Oticon whitepaper, Oticon Xceed, with Oticon’s BrainHearing technologies, OpenSound Navigator and OpenSound Optimizer, improves speech clarity by 10 percent, reduces the listening effort that power users struggle with in most situations every day by 10 percent, and increases short term recall by 15 percent.
Oticon says that its new Xceed solution brings a radical new approach to hearing care for super and ultra-power hearing aid users by:
- providing 360° access to speech with no directionality limitations
- delivering optimal gain with a fitting of 6 dB more stable gain proving up to a fifth more speech cues to the brain
- ensuring consistent access to speech by preventing feedback and dramatically reducing the many daily gain reductions throughout the day
- significantly reducing disturbing noise by applying fast and effective noise reduction that cleans noise between words and can improve the signal-to-noise ratio with up to 11 dB, giving a clearer access to the speech signal
- integrating 2.4 GHz Bluetooth low energy for high-quality streaming of sound to both ears from devices such as TVs and modern smartphones, making everyday life easier
Also part of Oticon’s latest launch, the new Oticon Xceed Play hearing aid is setting a new standard among paediatric power hearing aids. For the first time, with the new super and ultra-power hearing aids, children with severe-to-profound hearing loss experience open sound and get 360° access to clear speech, thanks to the two BrainHearing features, OpenSound Navigator and OpenSound Optimizer.
Oticon Xceed Play helps paediatric power users of all ages hear more, helping them to better benefit from incidental learning, and provides better conditions for speech understanding and language development.
Furthermore, Oticon Xceed Play is child play ready – IP68 certified, these hearing aids are protected against water, dust and debris.
“With the launch of the two new Xceed instruments we are ensuring those that depend entirely on their hearing aid receive all the support they can get,” said Thomas Behrens, Chief Audiologist at Oticon. “By introducing Oticon Xceed and Oticon Xceed Play, we now offer hearing care professionals a full power portfolio, from fitting level 105 to the whole new fitting level 120, and have made the open sound experience available for all users, from mild through to profound hearing loss, in all styles.
“We are very proud to offer hearing care professionals such a comprehensive product range featuring the most updated technology for their patients.”