Design Engineer – Urathon – Calne
Location: Calne area
Salary: To be discussed + 21 days holiday which rises with service + bank holidays + pension
Design Engineer position available within a well-established OEM who supply to a global market and offer a stable and varied role for the successful candidate.
The role would suit candidates from an industrial design or product design background who have at least 2 years experience in engineering along with 3D mechanical design. You must be able to demonstrate knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, along with a thorough & analytical attitude toward quality issues as well as new product development. Our products are not overly complex, but still require a good knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
The role will involve 3D mechanical design using a range of solutions to produce products used primarily in the medical industry. The role will include 80% modification of existing designs and 20% of design from scratch. The role will also include resolving technical issues from customers & colleagues alike.
A good Mechanical Engineering background would be desirable. Working alongside a small team in the UK, you will report to the engineering manager and liaise closely with the company’s manufacturing site in China. If you can speak Chinese, this would be a great advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful manufacturer who offers a varied role and stability within a small and friendly environment.
- 3D Mechanical design using SolidWorks Premium 2019
- 80% modification of existing products
- 20% design from scratch
- 08:00 to 17:00, an hour lunch break (Other hours are negotiable)
- Travel to China & possibly USA on a regular basis
- Unloading shipping containers on a regular basis
- Creating reports
- Must be from a mechanical design background.
- Must have 2 years experience in an industrial background.
- Must be confident with SolidWorks and 3D design.
- Be able to travel to & move freely in China on a regular basis.
- Be able to solve technical problems with an analytical attitude.
- Work under high pressure when required.
- Must be physically fit.
- Able to work within a small company, being flexible with regards to sometimes filling in when necessary, for other members of staff.
- Have a very good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software.
- This is a full-time permanent position that will bring a great deal of satisfaction & benefits to the right candidate.
To apply, confidentially send a copy of your CV to Mike Ives via email@example.com