Impey Takes Centre Stage at Foundations Technical Meetings
Taking place during February, the bi-annual Foundations Technical Meetings are designed to keep Technical Officers, Occupational Therapists, Home Improvement Agency Staff and external contractors updated with knowledge about the most recent developments in home adaptations; helping keep on top of product developments and plan the most efficient projects.
Lead sponsor Impey will be on-hand throughout the meetings to share essential knowledge of best practice and product development for vital bathroom adaptations.Technical Officers provide invaluable advice and support on all aspects of carrying out improvements and adaptations to the buildings within their remit. From diagnosing building defects to recommending necessary repairs or carrying out surveys – the varied role requires specific and up-to-date knowledge of buildings and their potential for adaptation and development.
Technical Officers provide invaluable advice and support on all aspects of carrying out improvements and adaptations to the buildings within their remit. From diagnosing building defects to recommending necessary repairs or carrying out surveys – the varied role requires specific and up-to-date knowledge of buildings and their potential for adaptation and development.
The Foundations Technical Meetings, which are free to attend, offer a great opportunity for Home Improvement Agency technical staff, Occupational Therapists and external contractors to get the latest sector updates, network with colleagues and share good practice whilst benefiting from expert knowledge of Impey wetrooms Technical Manager, Shaun Hunt.
Technical Meetings are taking place at:
- Manchester, 9:30am-3:00pm, 8th February 2017
- Birmingham, 9:30am-3:00pm, 15th February 2017
- Bristol, 9:30am-3:00pm, 21st February 2017
- London, 9:30am-3:00pm, 24th February 2017
Douglas Stem from Foundations said: “Our bi-annual Technical Meetings are an imperative part of the calendar for Foundations. It’s vital to support the work of TOs and OTs, and bathroom adaptations play a central part in this. We have a long-standing relationship with the Impey team, whose product offering and knowledge is second to none. We are looking forward to working with them again on this series of meetings, and finding out about progressions in the bathroom adaptations sector.”
Impey’s hands-on sessions were devised following research conducted with the Foundations team, after supporting at many events. The schedule includes the following:
- Surveying – tips, best practice guides and the surveying services from Impey available to Technical Officers, OTS and HIA staff
- How the patented drainage system of EasyFit Floor former can save valuable time in wet floor installation
- A technical guide to recent improvements in the design of half-height shower screens; introducing ‘Elevate’ door lift technology from Impey
- How to accurately measure the slip resistance of a shower tray in wet conditions