Nominations open as annual awards look to shine spotlight on outstanding care
Allowing care organisations to showcase their talent, entries are now open for Skills for Care’s Accolades awards which recognise and celebrate outstanding service provision.
Created by Skills for Care to recognise excellence and innovation in services offered by adult social care providers, the Accolades represent the hard work provided by 1.45 million employers who deliver care and support to millions of people across the country.
Skills for Care CEO Sharon Allen said: “With adult social care now in the news every day the Accolades are a chance for employers to show off all the fantastic things that happen when you invest in your staff.
“Adult social care really needs to shout from the rooftops about how great our services are so the Accolades offer all our finalists a much deserved turn in the spotlight.
“I’ve seen for myself how it much it means for all our Accolades finalists to have national recognition for their teams.”
All of England’s 20,300 social care organisations can enter the Awards online.
The 2019 awards categories are as follows:
- Best employer of under 50 staff
- Best employer of between 51 and 249 staff
- Best employer of over 250 staff
- Best individual who employs their own care and support staff
- Best employer support for your registered manager(s)
- Best social care apprentice employer
- Best recruitment initiative
- Most effective approach to leadership and management
- Most effective approach to integrated new models of care
- Best endorsed provider of learning and development
Open to organisations of all sizes, including individual employers, the closing date for entries is 7th September 2018 with the winners announced at an awards ceremony in London in March 2019.
Skills for Care is an independent charity which supports adult social care employers to deliver what the people they support need.